As it comes to cooking, there is no dearth of cooking oil. Each of them is meant for different purposes. Such cooking oils are mostly used for frying, sautéing, baking or marinating food. Cooking oil contains fat. However, not all contain monounsaturated fat, the good fat that enhances heart health. Each of these oils has different tastes that affect the taste of the food as well. Therefore, it is necessary that you choose the right Cooking Oil Southampton according to the food you are going to make. Here are some good tips to help you find the right cooking oil.
● Choose an oil that is capable of handling high heat while frying food – Such oils may include canola oil, palm oil, peanut oil, and avocado oil. Refined oil would be the best for frying. They can handle higher temperatures. They are stable as well.
● Choose the right oil for baking – Cooking oils like coconut oil, palm oil, and canola oil are good for baking owing to their flavour.
● Sauteing can be done with any oil – Usually, all the commonly used oils such as canola oil, olive oil, and sesame oil can be used to sauté. Don’t allow the oil to get so hot that it smokes. This can create cancer-causing free radicals and toxic fumes as you cook any food in overheated oil. The smoke point should not be crossed.
● Any oil with flavour is perfect for dressings, dips, and marinades – Such oils may include peanut oil, extra virgin olive oil and walnut oil.
● Sample different oils to choose the right one – Dip a small piece of bread in a small amount of the oil to ensure its flavour and taste. You can give the new oil launched on the market a try. Some versions of olive oil come with added flavours as well as seasonings. You can take chili pepper-infused olive oil, for example.
● Buy cooking oil from a specialty market or a reputable grocery store – You can go to the local grocery store or department store. You can also choose to buy online. There are websites to sell particular oils for cooking.
● Check the fat content – Cooking oil Southampton is nothing but fat. Some oils contain better fats than others. Choose oil containing monounsaturated fats which are good for cardiac health and help to regulate cholesterol level. Peanut oil, avocado oil, olive oil, and sesame oil can be considered in this respect. Avoid buying oil containing trans fat. These are actually chemically processed hydrogenated oils. They are not good for health. Check the labels before buying to ensure that the oil doesn’t contain any trans fat. Also, try to avoid using oil containing saturated fats. Usually, hydrogenated and animal origin oils are rich in saturated fats. Such fats often cause atherosclerosis.
● Choose polyunsaturated oil if you don’t need to heat – Such oils can be heated at a low temperature. These oils may include corn oil, soy oil, and walnut oil. Remember that the oil can become unstable when heated.
So you can see how different oils work differently to serve different types of cooking requirements. Read the recipe and understand if any particular oil is needed to be used. Also, be sure of the health factors of the oil before using it.